Truck drivers spend sleepless nights transporting a staggering 80% of all cargo in America.
A whopping 3.5 million drivers are employed in the U.S. trucking industry to transport stuff from point A to point B.
That means millions of trucks are on the road hauling heavy cargo all across the country. That means millions of fatigued, sleep-deprived truck drivers are on the road putting your life at risk… every day.
But the fatigue and sleep deprivation from working an average of 70 hours in an 8-daywork week are only two factors that can lead to truck accidents. Other factors are:
- Distraction or inattentive driving;
- Truck driver not following/knowing all truck driving safety rules;
- Truck drivers speeding to deliver goods faster;
- Weather conditions that make the huge vehicle uncontrollable;
- Poor road conditions;
- Improper truck maintenance;
- Improper hiring and training of truck drivers and inadequate supervision of trucks;
- Carrying unsafe loads that are regulated by both federal and state laws in Los Angeles;
- Violating Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration standards.
But here’s the problem. How do you prove any of these to hold the truck driver and his truck company responsible for the truck accident in Los Angeles?
When handling a truck accident, it’s important to remember that the insurance and truck companies are NOT on your side. They’re NOT your friends.
- The truck driver? Chances are that he will blame you for the accident in order to avoid liability and save his job.
- The insurance company? It will minimize compensation and attempt to make you the one at fault at any given chance.
- The truck company? It will launch its own investigation to find loopholes and avoid liability.
The only person who works FOR you and IN your best interests is a Los Angeles truck accident attorney. He’s your friend. With an experienced attorney, you can obtain the maximum compensation for all the damages.
How to make the truck company and driver pay for their negligence?
Our truck accident lawyers have a proven track record of winning compensation and obtaining a favorable settlement on behalf of our clients.
We’ve spent countless hours negotiating with big and small truck companies, shady and reputable insurance companies as well as cooperative and not-so-cooperative truck drivers.
Our finest attorneys have been boiling in that chicken soup for more than 35 years. Through experience, we’ve accumulated numerous go-to methods that can prove the truck driver’s liability (you’ll be surprised how many truck drivers are not in compliance with the federal and state regulations in Los Angeles).
In order to win a truck accident claim, an attorney at the Law Offices of Howard Craig Kornberg will collect the following pieces of evidence:
- A copy of the police report;
- Photographs and videos from the truck accident scene;
- Truck driver’s ID, phone number, and logbooks;
- Footage from truck’s in-built camera (if there’s any);
- Footage from nearby buildings (if there’s any);
- Witness accounts;
- Cargo-loading records (and whether they match the actual cargo the truck was carrying);
- Truck’s maintenance records (coupled with an unbiased assessment from a truck expert);
- Accident reconstruction expert testimonies.