Anyone traveling along Highway 44 early in the morning of Wednesday, May 9 will have experienced significant delays due to not just one multi-vehicle collision, but two in quick succession. California Highway Patrol attended a six-vehicle collision which was backing traffic up near Sundial Bridge. At least one of the cars involved in the accident had rolled, according to sources. As if the CHP did not have enough to deal with trying to clear that six-vehicle smash, a second collision soon occurred between two queuing vehicles, as their drivers waited for the bridge to be cleared.
California Highway Patrol officers attending the scene have confirmed that nobody involved in either car accident was seriously injured.
Car Accidents in Los Angeles and Beyond – What You Should Know
If you have driven a car, or other vehicles, in an area as densely populated and busy as Los Angeles, you will know that minor bumps and scrapes are part of life. However, some car accidents can have catastrophic consequences, inflicting life-changing injuries, and even fatalities, on those motorists and passengers involved.
If you are unconvinced about just how rife these serious Los Angeles car accidents can be, have a look at these statistics, compiled from data relating to the United States as a whole.
- Between 35,000 and 40,000 Americans lose their lives in car accidents each year
- Around 2.3 million United States residents are seriously injured or disabled due to car accidents annually
- Nearly 8,000 teenagers aged between 16 and 20 die in fatal car accidents every year, along with 1,500 children aged 15 or younger
- There are approximately 10 million car accidents in the United States annually
- 3 out of every 1,000 car accidents result in a fatality
- More than 11 million United States motorists are arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol each year
- Texting while driving contributes to around 16 million traffic accidents each year
- More than 339,000 Americans are injured due to distracted driving each year
- Head-on collisions are most likely to result in fatalities – accounting for 10% of fatal accidents annually
- Riverside and Los Angeles car accident figures are continually increasing, growing by 20% between 2016 and 2017 alone
Speak to a Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney Today
One of the many benefits of instructing a high-experienced car accident lawyer to handle your case is the debunking of many common car accident-related myths. Some of the most common myths encountered by our Los Angeles car accident attorneys include:
- The police will determine who is at fault when they attend the scene of the car accident
- You can sort the car accident with the other motorist, without involving a Los Angeles car accident attorney
- Your insurance company will act in your best interests, offering the maximum available settlement
- You will not be able to sue the other driver for injuries later
- There is no benefit to hiring a Los Angeles car accident attorney
To find out exactly how a Los Angeles car accident attorney could maximize the settlement you recover, and work with your best interests in mind at all times, call today on 310-997-0904 for a free initial consultation.