Car accidents are unavoidable, which is why it’s paramount to know how to make a car accident claim in Los Angeles.
But making such a claim must be the least of your concerns. Winning one, on the other hand, should be #2 on your priority list – second to making sure you’ve received proper medical care.
For millions of Angelenos, driving a car or crossing the street can be life-threatening nowadays. Heck, even leaving your house is quite scary (you never know what’s safe and what’s not at the time when car accident fatalities are at an all-time high in LA).
So far in 2017, crash fatalities are 22% higher than in the same period of previous year.
If you or your loved ones get into a car accident, there are certain things you should do before making a car accident claim to obtain the maximum compensation for your damages.
Things you MUST do after a car accident in Los Angeles
Maintain your cool and get ready to answer all questions when making a car accident claim with your insurance company. Many people tend to make irrevocable mistakes at this point, which can lead to losing your right for compensation.
When a car accident occurs, it’s only natural to experience shock.
Trust me, a lot of sharks are working at your insurance company, and they’re well aware of your state of shock. And they will take advantage of that to strip you of or minimize your compensation. It’s their job.
Contacting an car accident defense attorney Los Angeles who would help you navigate this hectic situation is vital to avoid mistakes.
Our Los Angeles car accident lawyer will not only make that stressful and awkward call to your insurance company to make a car accident claim for you, but also do the following to maximize compensation:
- Collect the information about the other party involved in the car accident (name, phone number, his/her insurance company, ID);
- Take photos and record videos of the location and car accident scene, which can boost your chances of winning the claim by four times;
- Collect other relevant documentation, including a copy of the police report, a list of the damages, medical expenses, etc.
What types of damages can you collect?
Depending on the car insurance policy you have, there are different types of damages you can collect after a car accident:
- vehicle damage (not covered if the accident was your fault);
- personal property damage (any personal items that were damaged in the car accident);
- car repair (you’ll be given a rental car until your own car is fully repaired);
- out-of-pocket expenses (your expenses at the time of the car accident, like a cab drive to the police station);
Your car insurance company will surely (and quickly) offer you a settlement on certain damages, but never – never – agree on a settlement before consulting our Los Angeles car accident attorney who will evaluate your compensation in your best interest.
Don’t let them screw you over
Many people tend to (unintentionally) ruin their chances of obtaining the maximum compensation by failing to do a complete assessment of the damage done.
If you hire our well-versed Los Angeles car accident lawyer, he will ensure you’re getting the full compensation for your suffering and pain, any damage to your car and personal property, medical expenses (including future visits to a physician), any out-of-pocket expenses.
We have a track record of maximizing people’s compensation and ensuring neither your insurance company nor the other party involved in the car accident screws you over. Contact our office in Los Angeles for an initial consultation, and don’t let them screw you over.